I’m embarrassed to confess that I’ve been procrastinating a fair bit about doing this. So much so that this morning, I found myself sorting out my sock drawer rather than getting down to blogging.
You’d have thought that it’d be pretty straightforward for me to write a blog – after all, I used to be a journalist, I like words and I love communicating with people. But for some reason, I’ve had a bit of “blogger’s block” (apparently that’s a thing).
Anyway, I’ve finally managed to put fingers to keyboard thanks to a prod from my web designer and social media whizz, Jessica – zeun.co.uk (my first embedded link to enhance my search engine ranking):
“It’d be good if you could write a couple of blog articles to put on there before the site goes live”.
This prompt from Jessica has then helped me to think about the opportunities of blogging – the chance to
- Engage with others about fascinating work and career-related topics
- Share ideas about how to make the most of our working lives
- Offer hints and tips on how to perform in job interviews
- Work out how to tackle challenging interpersonal situations more effectively
And last, but definitely not least, encourage you to take a step (however mini, medium or maxi) to start/continue to make the very most you can of your working life. And that may well be where I come in…
Lucy Owens Coaching is all about enabling people to:
- Take stock of your career to date
- Identify the times when you’ve been cooking on gas (and maybe the times when you’ve felt stuck) with your work
- Apply for a new role
- Enhance skills and confidence in job interviews
- Perform at your best in a demanding leadership/management role
So, back to Goethe’s words “whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it”. I set up Lucy Owens Coaching in 2011 and haven’t looked back. It’s tough-going at times, but I love being able to do the coaching and facilitating work that I’m passionate about. And, my question to you is: What will you do to refresh your working life?
Look forward to hearing from you soon.